We were remarkably lucky with the weather for the 34rd Belvoir Half Marathon and Fun Run, with great conditions for running: calm, cool and dry. There were 497 finishers in the Half Marathon and 52 in the Fun Run. It resulted in the winner (Josh Bull) getting home in a time of 1:08:50, which may be a course record! For the first time the Fun Run was also chip timed, so the results are reliable.
The event is organised by Hose Village Hall Management Committee and would like to thank all the competitors for supporting us and we hope that you enjoyed the day. In particular we appreciate our regular supporters - you make all the effort worthwhile.
Thanks are also due to:
- the Sport Systems team of Mark Thomas & Simon, who gave us all confidence that the timing would be reliable
- the Event Adjudicator Peter Osborne
- CDA Ltd of Langar, PJ Fletchers Builders of Langar and Colston Bassett Dairy, the Parker family and the Bailey family for support for the water points
- Belvoir First Aid & Raynet for their services around the course
- YourRaceDay who snapped photos of the runners around the course
- all the local volunteers who helped support the event
- Hose School Parents & Friends who provided refreshments and exotic cakes
Belvoir Half Marathon Results
The winners are as follows:
- The Winner was Josh Bull (Derby AC) with the record time of 1:08:50
- The First Woman home was Magda Locker (Charnwood AC) in a time of 1:28:34. She finished 43rd and was also the First Woman in the 40-49 age category
- The First Man in the 40-49 age category was David Greenwood (Holme Pierrepont RC) with a time of 1:16:20
- The First Woman in the 50-59 age category was Penny Andrews (Northampton RR) in a time of 1:34:30.
- The First Man in the 50-59 age category was Bruno Nikoloff (Wreake Runners) with a time of 1:21:36
- The First Woman over 60 was Yvonne Parker (Road Runners Club) with a time of 1:42:56
- The First Man over 60 was Anthony Madge (Grantham & District AC) with a time of 1:33:26
- The winning Men's team was Huncote Harriers consisting of Paul Featherstone, Mark Gregory, Gareth Chivers and Jonathan Oxbrough
- The winning Women's team was Charnwood AC consisting of Magda Locker, Natalie Wettler and Kate Champneys
Times are currently provisional (10th April).
Belvoir Fun Run Results
- The Winner was Samuel Gordon Kerr (Panthers)in a time of 32:11, who was also the First in the Under 12 category
- Second home was Martin Gordon Kerr (Rutland Running & Triathlon Club)
- Third was Christie Jones
- The First Woman was Madi Bledsop
- The Second Woman was Jo Pettifor
- Third Woman home was Lucy Rathbone (who was also in the Under 12 age group
- The First Under 16 home was Sarah Maston