Despite the damp forecast, the day was calm, with only very light drizzle, meant that running conditions were good. Car-parking was not the nightmare that we had anticipated. It was good to meet so many of our regular supporters - you make all the effort worthwhile. We heard that a number of runners recorded personal best times. Probably because of the poor weather forecast, numbers were somewhat lower than previously, with 446 entries for the Half Marathon and 46 for the Fun Run. None-the-less everyone seemed to enjoy themselves!
Belvoir Half Marathon Results
- The winner was Simon Birch (Hinckley RC) with a good time of 1:11:16
- Second was Chris Jordan (Leicester Coritanians) in 1:11:34
- Third was Ludovic Renou (Leicester Coritanians) in 1:13:01
- The First Woman home was Lucy Gossage, who finished 24th in a time of 1:24:26
- The winning Male team as Leicester Coritanians (Chris Jordan, Lodovic Renou, Chris Southam, David Pearce)
- The winning Female team was Charnwood AC (Kate Champeney, Alice Thackray, Julie Bonshaw)
Belvoir Fun Run Results
- The Winner and First Woman was Lucy Rathbone in a time of 29:22; she was also First Under 16
- Second was Sarah Williams in 29:41
- Third was Thomas Sweeting in 30:13
- The First Under 12 was Rhys Sweeting in 41:29
Certificates and FeedbackIf you have any comments or feedback on the event, or if you would like a personalised Finishers Certificate sent to your email address, then click on the link below, which will open an email box.
Give your name and Race Number and whether you were wanting to send feedback or a Certificate.
Thanks are due to:
- Sport Systems team of Mark & Simon, who gave us all confidence that the timing would be reliable
- the Event Adjudicator Peter Osborne, who passed on some very balanced and judicious advice.
- CDA Ltd of Langar, PJ Fletchers Builders of Langar and Colston Bassett Dairy, the Parker family and the Bailey family for support for the water points
- ElectroMotion, who offered hard parking in the event of the field being un-useable
- Belvoir First Aid & Raynet for their services around the course
- Dan Leake for the post-race massage service
- all the local volunteers who helped as marshals, at water points and as car-parking attendants
- Hose School Parents & Friends who provided wonderful cakes and bacon butties